Being grateful requires no religion, no politics, no money...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
A place inside feels warm & scared.  At first, I think the place is the heart inside my chest, but when I focus, the feeling travels to my throat.  My eyes begin to tear as the feeling travels to them.  My head will not think because my brain shuts down, overcome by feeling.  Gratitude… comforting in that another person cares enough to help and scary because another person cares enough to help. You wish you could return the kindness that they have given to you. At Thanksgiving, this gratitude multiplies times itself.  I am thankful for the many kindnesses shown me, for the people who have cared & helped, and that trying to return the kindness has given me a deeper meaning to my life.  For those people who now wear their halos, I try to pay it forward because I am truly and deeply grateful.

Comments